On November 27, 2018, Seattle Parks and Recreation will shift its registration system to ActiveNet. ActiveNet will completely replace the SPARC systems that have been used in the past. ActiveNet should provide a much better registration and account management system for our users, and we hope it will minimize many of the frustrations that users have experienced with the SPARC system.
We will be updating this page with information as it becomes available, so please check back here as the November 27 roll out approaches. We will have more information about user accounts, activity registration, and payment options as that information is made available to us.
We have updated our Registration Information Page to include information from Seattle Parks and Recreation about how to access your account starting on 11/27. It also includes some Frequently Asked Questions about ActiveNet and some of the data that is being collected. We encourage you to look that over if you have any questions about the new system.
Do not create a new account in ActiveNet!
Almost all of our user accounts should be migrated to the new system, so a new account should not be needed for any participant with a current QuickCard (punch card) or Float Test. We strongly encourage all participants to access their account on the 27th or shortly thereafter to ensure your information is up to date. If you cannot access your account, do not create a new account. Please contact the office so we can update your information and avoid the creation of a duplicate account.
This week, users currently enrolled in Fall programs should receive an email from Seattle Parks informing them of the upcoming shift to ActiveNet. A copy of that email can be found here.
This is the last day that SPARC will be functional for registration and payment.
No payments or registrations will be possible as Seattle Parks shifts to ActiveNet.
ActiveNet rolls out. We are hopeful that many users should have their accounts automatically set up in ActiveNet, but cannot guarantee it. Users should ensure that they have an account set up in ActiveNet. Users that cannot access their account should contact the office directly at 206-386-1913. Please do not wait until December 4 to access your account for the first time.
Registrations for Winter, 2019 programs, including Spring Junior Crew opens at noon. Online registration will be the most reliable and quickest way to register for classes at noon. We will be fully staffed that day to assist customers, but we may not be able to immediately pick up the phone between noon and 2:00 pm. If you do call during those hours and don’t reach us, please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as we are able.
January 2, 2019:
Updated Quick Cards with new graphics and a smaller key chain options become available. Older style Quick Card users will be able to replace their old cards in the office free of charge. Older cards will continue to work with ActiveNet, so replacement is not necessary.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the main differences an in-person customer may notice?
- Secure Storage on your account for future payments – like your other online portals and websites, you can securely store a preferred or frequently used credit card or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
- Scholarship applications will go through the scholarship office for approval, (no on spot approvals), but once eligibility is determined can register anytime, anywhere – including online.
- Customers who purchase new pass will be issued a pass with an updated format/look/feel (old Quick Cards for migrated passes will still work).
What are the benefits/improvements for the online customer?
- Ability for more users on busy registration days! No more server capacity issues.
- New Customer account request and creation is automated; no more waiting period for accounts to be created.
- Gone are the days of remembering your barcode and pin, an email address will be used to log in, passwords will be created by the customers online.
- Secure Storage on your account for future payments.
- Online Registration: Design, layout, and more robust searching capabilities.
- Easy access of receipts and payment history (i.e. childcare receipts)
- After Seattle Parks scholarship eligibility is determined, registration can occur anytime, anywhere – including online.
Scholarship Information and Questions:
- Apply a few weeks before registration so scholarship may be used when registration opens.
- Those who have applied and eligibility determined will have scholarship funds available in the system.
- Scholarships are managed by a central scholarship office where eligibility is determined, once reviewed and applied to account, a scholarship customer can register anytime, anywhere including online.