The Boating Advisory Council is a group of volunteers who are dedicated to the success of the center. The Council serves as an advisor to the Parks and Recreation staff at the Center and as an advocate for program participants and the community. The Council undertakes the following activities to support and enhance the programs offered:
- Provide oversight and advise on program design and program performance
- Participate with Seattle Parks and Recreation in long-term planning for the Center
- Develop annual operating and capital budgets
- Monitor actual financial performance against approved budgets
- Organize and conduct various fundraising activities to support the Center’s programs and to purchase new equipment
- Provide marketing support and performance oversight for the Center’s meeting and event venue.
Boating Advisory Council meetings are usually held on the fourth Wednesday evening of each month and the public is welcome to attend.
Associated Recreation Council
The Associated Recreation Council (ARC) is dedicated to serving Seattle’s recreation community in partnership with Seattle Parks and Recreation with citywide fiscal accountability, advisory council support, and community-focused leadership. Thirty-eight advisory councils assist in providing programs and services to the community and make recommendations to Seattle Parks and Recreation regarding programs, classes and activities. ARC is a federally recognized 501(c)3 non-profit organization.