Mount Baker does something unusual – it creates a strong sense of community among people young and old who happen to enjoy water sports. That’s due in part to the fact that we’re a public program that emphasizes opportunity for all people. But being public also means that we must keep our programs affordable and must seek outside help to renew our equipment. The Annual Fund helps us to do those things by providing financial assistance and equipment purchases. Neither class fees nor the Seattle Parks Department pay for those items.
We ask that you contribute to the Annual Fund to support Mount Baker’s community. Please give an amount that is comfortable and appropriate for you. Each gift, regardless of amount, helps to sustain our rowing, sailing and fitness programs – and is deeply appreciated. Again in 2018, our goal is to raise $25,000 in just one day! This approach worked well last year, so we are committed to maintaining a single-day campaign – meaning that we’ll ask only once for your Annual Fund donation.
Please consider GiveBIG for your Annual Fund gift. Gifts are welcome anytime* — but it’s easy to make your Annual Fund gift through the Seattle Foundation’s GiveBIG event. You can donate on GiveBIG Day, Wednesday, May 9th, or pre-schedule your gift between April 26th and May 9th at the link below.
Please join us by becoming a donor to the 2018 Annual Fund. Give a big Go Baker! on May 9th!
Instructions for giving through GiveBIG:
- Go to the Associated Recreation Council link on GiveBIG
- Select the amount you would like to give. The minimum donation is $10
- List “Mt. Baker Annual Fund” in the comments section
That’s all there is to it!
* You can also give directly to the Mount Baker Annual Fund at any time during the year in two ways:
- Donate by check: Make the check payable to “City of Seattle” and note “Mount Baker Annual Fund” in the memo line. Mail or deliver checks to:
Mount Baker Rowing & Sailing Center
3800 Lake Washington Blvd. S.
Seattle, WA 98118
- Donate online via credit card: You can donate through our website anytime by following the Annual Fund donation link on our Donate/Volunteer page.